Turtle Fudge. An “Oh So Easy” recipe. A decades old easy and foolproof fudge recipe gets topped by crunchy toasted pecans, melted caramel candy and rich chocolate.
Turtle Fudge is another of our No-Bake treats you’ll love.
If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips, you can use semi-sweet if you prefer
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk. (300ml in Canada; 14 oz in the US)
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 24 soft caramel candies, I used Kraft
- 1 tbsp whipping cream or whole milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted for top
- Start by toasting the pecans in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, tossing them once, half way through that time.
- Let them cool completely, then snap each pecan into about 4 pieces.
- Line a 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. I prefer the 8 inch pan for slightly thicker chunks of fudge.
- Add the 3 cups of chocolate chips, the can of sweetened milk , the vanilla extract and salt to a small saucepan and melt over medium low heat, just until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat this mixture. Take it low and slow.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined pan.
To finish the Turtle Fudge.
- Sprinkle the pecan pieces evenly over the surface of the fudge and press down lightly to make sure they get good contact with the fudge layer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramel candies and whipping cream. Again, do this low and slow because overheating the caramel may cause it to go brittle.
- Drizzle the caramel over the pecan layer.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle all over the caramel and pecans.
- Chill for several hours or overnight before cutting into small squares or bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
1 fudge square Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g